Thursday, October 1, 2020

Blog 1.2 BBQ Forge

     Hello and welcome to the second installment Seth Hopefully Doesn't Set His Yard On Fire, or SHDSHYOF, this week made for a lot of hard work and sweat. The grill that I'm making into a forge is just 3 years younger than me, coming in at a ripe 14 years old. Therefore, the grill had plenty of built up gunk and nastiness. To start off this long process I first needed to clean the grills inside. 

    This is similar to how my grill looked except mine had an inch or two thicker crust on the bottom which made it much more difficult to determine how deep I needed to scrub with my steel wool. In order to clean the grill I needed to scrape out all of the big debris first and then get to the steel beneath the grit without scrubbing too much off. Scrubbing with steel wool for so long began to hurt, but once I was finished it was satisfying to see the grill so clean.
    This picture shows the satisfying change from a dirty grill to a clean grill. Ensuring that there is a clean finish at the bottom is key to ensure that next weeks plans run smoothly. 

Check back next week to see the grill in its first step of transformation!



3 comments:

  1. This is looking really epic already! Keep it up sport!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Justin! This is an amazing project! Will you keep the same heating switches and source or switch that out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What type of metal will you be tempering?

    ReplyDelete

Blog 2.8 Bruce Jr's License

      This is the final week of Genius Hour, and I've learned a lot about how to teach people. I've come to realize that it's ha...