Friday, November 20, 2020

Blog 1.8 BBQ Forge - The Finale Featuring Paul Blart

         Hello and welcome to the final installment Seth Hopefully Doesn't Set His Yard On Fire, or SHDSHYOF, for this final week I put all the time I could into getting an edge on the metal. After all the weeks of working on this I'm ready for a break from the periodic blast of constant heat, and fatigue. Swinging a hammer by the heat for multiple hours is a sport in itself. If there's anything I've learned it's that I really would need to work on this craft for a long time if I were to become skilled at it. 

        So for this blade I was trying to for a flat ground edge, this edge gives me a strong edge that is easy to sharpen. In choosing this type of edge, I required a grinder which I went and used at the city shop. Without the grinder I would not have been able to get the edge with just a hammer alone. I think the hardest part of this genius hour was trying to get the motivation to keep going with it after all of these weeks. My challenge with online school was lacking the time management skills to get things done in increments, instead of doing it all at once. I had this same trouble when it came to this project, it is so much easier to fall into the trap of doing non-school related things, and then have to struggle to get everything done. 
        This iceberg is what it required to be successful. Within the blade itself, these traits are reflected. For my tedEd I'm going to be working on some finishing touches, and heat quench the blade. Thanks for joining me on this adventure!

"Safety never takes a holiday!" - Paul Blart 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 2.8 Bruce Jr's License

      This is the final week of Genius Hour, and I've learned a lot about how to teach people. I've come to realize that it's ha...