Boom! Crack! Pop! All sounds that we know and interpret through our ears, but how exactly does sound work? Think of the air around you as a pudding-like substance, and sound is a vibration moving through the pudding. Sound is an electromagnetic wave that is just based off of motion. As I'm beginning to go through each of these I'm seeing I'm learning things myself as well. In order to explain sound in a demonstration I went back to a classic kid pastime.
The cup phones that we see on Grown Ups are a perfect demonstration of how sound is just vibrations and motion. As one kid speaks into one cup, the vibrations travel along the line in-between the cups and once it reaches the other end, the vibrations are then transformed back into sound and are received as sound by the person on the receiving end. So from now on instead of thinking of sound as an invisible ghost, think of it as a liquid that flows from the mouth to the ear. The air arounds us allows sound to travel, and therefore, without air we couldn't breathe or speak.
This was really interesting to read, I like the example you used from Grown Ups. How is your action plan going? What is your end goal of this genius hours?
ReplyDeleteThis is talent at it's finest. You would make a fine educator. Such a natural teacher dude! It's a gift and you are blessed to have this incredible ability to make change in the world. I am so proud of you!
ReplyDelete