Thursday, November 5, 2020

Blog 1.6 BBQ Forge - The Ron Burgundy Special Edition

     Hello and welcome to the fourth installment Seth Hopefully Doesn't Set His Yard On Fire, or SHDSHYOF, this week I accelerated things and I decided to just start hitting metal on metal. The forge took a good two hours to reach the 2000 degree temperature I required to forge. The first time I opened it after the two hours, I thought I singed my eyebrows off for good! Once I went and made sure my eyebrows were intact, I went back to the forge and let my metal sit in there for another thirty minutes. 

    I pulled the metal out and began to hit it with my ball peen hammer, but soon I realized that this project was going to take much longer than I expected. At the very end of that hour I had maybe made an indent of a half a centimeter over the area of half a foot. It was very difficult for me to try and figure out a proper method. So for the next week, I plan on watching many YouTube videos on proper technique so I can maybe increase the effectiveness of each of my swings. 

I'm interested on which style of blacksmithing I'm going to pursue, but I'll be sure to let you know what I choose. 

"Don't just have a great night, have an American night." - Ron Burgundy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 2.8 Bruce Jr's License

      This is the final week of Genius Hour, and I've learned a lot about how to teach people. I've come to realize that it's ha...