Hello and welcome to the sixth installment Seth Hopefully Doesn't Set His Yard On Fire, or SHDSHYOF, this week I tested my hand at forming an edge. I had everything set up and ready to go, and then my metal tongs broke and I dropped my metal into the forge. Once I smoothed over that speed bump I worked for an hour trying to draw out the metal into a long knife-like edge. Here's a picture of my very quick and sloppy weld that I used to hold my square hilt onto the metal.
After I had been working for an hour I took a break and came back to it later. Once I returned I made a really rough edge, that I will show next week along with the makeshift handle I'm going to make. The blade I'm very hopeful for, and I'm really excited with how it's coming along.
“I guess I’ve been working so hard, I forgot what it’s like to be hardly working.” - Michael Scott

Seth this is so impressive! I couldn't imagine how difficult this could be at times. What has been the biggest struggle through out the whole process?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you’re doing a great job! What do you plan on doing next? What about after the Genius Hours are done? Keep up the hard work!
ReplyDelete